— With a low-profile design and rugged metal construction, the ATM230 excels in high-SPL applications, including the miking of rack and floor toms, snare drum and other percussion instruments —
Singapore, 22 January 2016 — Audio-Technica, a leading innovator in transducer technology for over 50 years, introduces the ATM230 Hyper-cardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone.
The ATM230 brings a model ideal for capturing drums and percussion to Audio-Technica’s popular Artist Series line. The mic’s proprietary capsule is designed to excel in high SPL applications, delivering full, well-rounded audio with an exceptional low-end.
The hyper-cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source – directionality that is aided by the mic’s low-profile design, which allows it to be placed in a wide variety of setups. ATM230 is ideally suited for miking toms, snare and other percussion instruments.
- Big, warm low-frequency response with excellent attack
- Handles very high SPL at close range
- Rare earth magnet for improved output and transient response
- Low-profile design permits versatile placement around drum kit
- Hyper-cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use
- Accessories Include: AT8665 drum mount; soft protective pouch
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Hyper-cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 – 12,000 Hz
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
The Audio-Technica Artist Series ATM230 Hyper-cardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone will be available after March 2016; Recommended retail price: TBC. Also available will be the ATM230PK pack with three ATM230’s; Recommended retail price: TBC.