— AT5047 Product Image
22 May 2017 - Audio-Technica is to unveil the third model in its flagship 50 Series studio microphone range at Broadcast Asia 2017. Following the original AT5040 vocal microphone and AT5045 condenser instrument microphone, the AT5047 broadens the scope of the line-up with its exceptional dynamic performance.
Based on the distinctive four rectangular diaphragm design of the AT5040, the AT5047 is a cardioid condenser with a transformer-coupled output that delivers a noticeably smooth sonic character and ensures high SPL handling without the risk of overloading mic preamps or console inputs. With its ability to cope with wide variances in dynamic range, the new model is designed for outstanding performance on everything from brushed snare drums to powerful vocals, guitar amps to brass instruments.
In common with the rest of the 50 Series, the AT5047 is hand-assembled and beautifully crafted from aluminium and brass, with an advanced internal shock mount that decouples the capsule from the microphone body. The elegant custom-designed AT8480 mount, included with the AT5047, also ensures isolation from knocks and transmitted vibrations in the studio.
- Exceptionally wide dynamic range captures the full, expressive character of instruments and voices – from the caress of drum brushes to powerful vocal performances
- Four rectangular diaphragms (2 micron) function together to provide a combined surface area twice that of a standard one-inch circular diaphragm
- Discrete components carefully selected and optimized for maximum performance and compatibility with standalone microphone preamps and console inputs
- Transformer-coupled output provides smooth sonic character
- Hand assembled and inspected for 100% quality control
- Advanced internal shock mounting decouples the capsule from the microphone body
- Elegant, durable housing of aluminum and brass
- Included advanced-design custom AT8480 shock mount provides superior isolation
- Custom hard-shell carrying case with die-cut foam compartments offers protection during storage and transport
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -29 dB (35.5mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 150 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise: 6 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 142 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 88 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power: 48V DC, 2.7mA typical
- Weight: 592g
- Dimensions: 165.3 mm long, 57.0 mm max. body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories: AT8480 shock mount, stand adapter (3/8"- 5/8"), protective carrying case
Supplied in a hard-shell carry case with die-cut foam compartments, the AT5047 has a recommended retail price of SGD $4,888 and will be available in Authorized Dealers in Singapore.