Singapore, 8th June 2018 – Audio-Technica (Booth 6C2-01, Level 6 Suntec Singapore), a leading innovator in transducer technology for over 50 years, is exhibiting the next generation of its 3000 Series Frequency-Agile True Diversity UHF Wireless Systems at the annual BroadcastAsia exhibition from 26th to 28th July.
Providing easy setup, versatile operation and rock-solid, richly detailed high-fidelity sound, A-T’s fourth-generation 3000 Series wireless systems give users the power and flexibility to operate within the congested UHF spectrum. With a class-leading 60 MHz tuning range, which is more than twice that offered by the previous versions, the new 3000 Series systems are available in four frequency bands – DE2 (470–530 MHz), EE1 (530–590 MHz), EF1 (590-650 MHz) and FG1 (650-700 MHz). Frequencies can be easily scanned and selected on the receiver and then synced with the transmitter via IR sync functionality. The 3000 Series even lets users set a backup frequency that can be quickly swapped by pressing the transmitter’s multifunction button in the event of unexpected interference.
Image above: ATW-3211
Available system configurations feature an ATW-R3210 receiver along with an ATW-T3201 body-pack or ATW-T3202 handheld transmitter. The ATW-T3201 is equipped with Audio-Technica’s new rugged cH-style screw-down 4-pin connector for secure connection to A-T’s cH-style lavalier and headworn microphones, or cables. The ATW-T3202 comes with either an ATW-C510 dynamic or ATW-C710 condenser interchangeable cardioid capsule, and its industry-standard thread allows for the use of A-T and other compatible capsules. Both transmitters feature rugged, metal housings and are powered by two AA batteries. Charging terminals on each transmitter work with the ATW-CHG3 and networkable ATW-CHG3N smart charging docks (sold separately) to recharge NiMH batteries. Antenna power is available for powered antennas and other in-line RF devices. A ground-lift switch helps eliminate audible hum caused by ground loops. The systems feature balanced and unbalanced audio output jacks.
Image above: ATW-C510 Cardioid Dynamic Microphone Capsule
Image above: ATW-C710 Cardioid Condenser Microphone Capsule
• An auto squelch feature automatically adjusts the squelch setting to maximize operating range while minimizing potential interference.
• The system’s dual-mode receiver display can switch between standard view or a performance view that highlights key metering.
• Transmitters and receivers include OLED screens for optimal readout of key settings and alerts.
• Body-pack transmitter features tactile mute toggle switch (defeatable) for physical confirmation of mute status when transmitter display is not visible.
• Handheld transmitter offers extremely low handling noise and includes an industry-standard thread for use with interchangeable A-T microphone capsules as well as other compatible capsules.
• Seven new microphone capsules (based on popular A-T models) are available to give users greater control of their sound.
• System has an operating range of 300 feet (100 m).
Audio-Technica’s fourth-generation 3000 Series Frequency-Agile True Diversity UHF Wireless Systems will be available from July 2018 in multiple configurations*:
• ATW-3211: ATW-R3210 receiver and ATW-T3201 body-pack transmitter. [Select a microphone or cable with a cH-style screw-down 4-pin connector to complete the system.] MAP US$549.00
• ATW-3212/C510: ATW-R3210 receiver and ATW-T3202 handheld transmitter with ATW-C510 cardioid dynamic microphone capsule. MAP US$599.00
• ATW-3212/C710: ATW-R3210 receiver and ATW-T3202 handheld transmitter with ATW-C710 cardioid condenser microphone capsule. MAP US$699.00
Interchangeable Microphone Capsules:
• ATW-C510 cardioid dynamic microphone capsule (ATM510 equivalent) MAP US$99.00
• ATW-C710 cardioid condenser microphone capsule (ATM710 equivalent) MAP US$199.00
• ATW-C980 cardioid dynamic microphone capsule (ATM98 equivalent) MAP US$299.00
• ATW-C4100 cardioid dynamic microphone capsule (AE4100 equivalent) MAP US$189.00
• ATW-C6100 hypercardioid dynamic microphone capsule (AE6100 equivalent) MAP US$189.00
• ATW-C3300 cardioid condenser microphone capsule (AE3300 equivalent) MAP US$279.00
• ATW-C5400 cardioid condenser microphone capsule (AE5400 equivalent) MAP US$379.00
*There are other configurations available for purchase as well. Please head down to Audio-Technica booth 6C2-01 to find out more.