Singapore, 8th June 2018 – Audio-Technica (Booth 6C2-01, Level 6 Suntec Singapore), a leading innovator in transducer technology for over 50 years, is displaying the new BPHS2 Broadcast Stereo Headset for news and sports broadcasting at the annual BroadcastAsia exhibition from 26th to 28th July.
The BPHS2 is based on the new ATH-M60x On-Ear Professional Monitor Headphones and uses the same proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers. This rugged stereo headset offers a low-profile, closed-back, on-ear design with commanding, broadcast-ready vocal reproduction. It is available in three configurations: the standard BPHS2 stereo and the BPHS2S single-ear versions both with a hypercardioid dynamic mic, and the BPHS2C stereo with a condenser mic. Premium memory foam earpads and headband provide exceptional comfort for extended wearing and durability and detach for easy replacement.
Image above: BPHS2
The standard BPHS2 features a high-output, hypercardioid dynamic microphone mounted on a rigid boom with a strong, flexible gooseneck section. Created especially for news and sports broadcasting, this rugged stereo headset offers highly intelligible and commanding vocal reproduction, along with a comfortable fit and excellent sound isolation. The headset’s hypercardioid dynamic microphone keeps the pickup focused on the broadcaster’s voice, even in loud environments, and is tailored to reproduce that voice with a rich, broadcast-ready sound. The microphone sits at the end of a rigid boom with a strong, flexible gooseneck section that allows the microphone to be easily adjusted and then stay in place. The boom is also designed to swivel forward and back so that the headset can be worn with the mic positioned on either the right or left side. The BPHS2S is a single-ear version of the dynamic-mic standard BPHS2 – offering added comfort and less isolation. Both headsets come with a 3.3 m (10.8') detachable cable (BPCB2) with a TA6F connector at the headset and, at the output end, a 3-pin XLRM-type connector for the microphone and a 6.3 mm (1/4") connector for the headphones.
The BPHS2C is nearly identical to the standard BPHS2, but with a sleek, high-output, cardioid condenser microphone rather than the hypercardioid dynamic mic. The condenser mic provides a lower profile design with added articulation and fidelity. Each headset is available unterminated as the BPHS2-UT, BPHS2S-UT and BPHS2C-UT.
- Low-profile, closed-back, on-ear design provides excellent isolation and fit
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers (the same used in the ATH-M60x monitor headphones) with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Hypercardioid dynamic microphone with frequency response tailored for commanding, broadcast-ready vocal reproduction (BPHS2 and BPHS2S)
- Sleek cardioid condenser microphone with frequency response tailored for clear, articulate vocal reproduction (BPHS2C)
- Carefully crafted using key metal components for lasting durability
- Low-impedance design delivers high output level from any headphone output
- Boom-mounted microphone can be positioned on the left or right side
- Rigid boom with strong, flexible gooseneck section allows microphone to be adjusted and stay in place
- Premium, memory foam earpads and headband allow headset to be worn comfortably for hours on end
- Earpads and headband detach for easy replacement
- 3.3 m (10.8') detachable cable (BPCB2) with TA6F connector at headset, and 3-pin XLRM-type connector (microphone) and 6.3 mm (1/4") connector (headphone) outputs
Audio-Technica’s BPHS2 Broadcast Headsets will be available from July 2018 with U.S. pricing as follows:
- BPHS2 Broadcast Stereo Headset with dynamic mic: $349 MAP
- BPHS2S Single-ear Broadcast Headset with dynamic mic: $329 MAP
- BPHS2C Broadcast Stereo Headset with condenser mic: $399 MAP