Products Featured Products
Bidirectional Active Ribbon Microphone
Delivering the warmth and natural sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica’s handcrafted AT4081 offers a robust build for long-lasting performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers. With its low-profile stick design, this microphone is a natural for use on a wide range of instruments (horns, strings, drum overheads, orchestras and more) and guitar cabinets in recording studios and live-sound settings.
- Low-profile stick design maximizes placement options
- Smooth, warm and natural sound tuned for instrument reproduction to pick up the smallest details with perfect accuracy to meet the most stringent requirements of professional recording, broadcast and live.
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending including proprietary MicroLinear™ ribbon imprint for superior durability, not found in earlier ribbon microphones
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Superfine mesh guards against ribbon damage
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Handmade production – including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Classic bidirectional (figure-of-eight) polar pattern picks up sounds equally from the front and back of the element
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
|Frequency Response||30 - 18,000 Hz|
|Open Circuit Sensitivity||-42 dB (7.9 mV), re 1V at 1 Pa|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.|
|Noise||25 dB SPL|
|Dynamic Range||125 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||69 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa|
|Phantom Power Requirements||48V DC, 3.0 mA typical|
|Dimensions||155.0 mm (6.10") long, 21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter|
|Output Connector||Integral 3-pin XLRM-type|
|Audio-Technica Case Style||S13|
|Accessories Included||AT8471 isolation clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; windscreen; protective carrying case|
Trusted by industry professionals
Whether it’s on the boardroom table, the stage or in the studio, Audio-Technica products are trusted time and again by industry professionals looking for reliable, lovingly developed audio products for all budgets.
It’s Audio-Technica’s commitment to innovation, customer service and meticulous design that ensure professionals turn to us to provide solutions in conferencing, houses of worship, broadcasting, live sound, recording studios and beyond.
50 Years of Devotion to music
For over 50 years Audio-Technica has worked alongside leading figures in sports and music broadcast to develop and hone a range of products that deliver on the highest level.
Audio-Technica have developed and delivered products to power the Grammys, World Cup, Super Bowl, Commonwealth Games as well as every Summer and Winter Games from Atlanta 1996 to Sochi 2014.
A Legacy in Innovation
Founded in 1962 by Hideo Matsushita, Audio-Technica positioned itself immediately as a leader in the manufacture and design of innovative audio products.
Its expertise in innovation quickly spread to various new fields and led to the development of tone arms, microphones and headphones. Audio-Technica soon became a benchmark in those fields. Making history.
A self-made man and audiophile, Hidéo Matsushita was the former Director of the Tokyo Museum of Modern Art. It all started in his workshop, with the hand crafting of stereo cartridges. 50 years later, Audio-Technica has become a global leader in audio innovation.
A Passion for Listening
Humility, passion, creativity and expertise in sound are the core values behind Audio-Technica’s legacy, greatly inspired by its founder - whose imprint on the company’s philosophy is still felt today.
Audio-Technica’s passion for listening evolved in the 70’s, when it started designing headphones, building upon a legacy in innovation, meticulous engineering and artistic design.
Today, Audio-Technica’s audio products have become globally synonymous with consistently high sonic performance paired with impeccable build construction and artistic design.
One Year Limited Warranty
All Audio-Technica products come with a one year warranty as standard meaning you can enjoy your product safe in the knowledge that you’re covered.
All Audio-Technica products purchased from Audio-Technica Europe are guaranteed for one year from the date of purchase to be free of defects in materials and workmanship. In the event of such defect, the product will be repaired or replaced without charge*.
(* T&Cs apply)