Products Featured Products
Portable Over-Ear Wooden Headphones
The ATH-WP900 portable over-ear headphones feature beautiful flame maple housings for high-fidelity on-the-go listening and high aesthetics. Maple is a stiff, dense wood often used to make string instruments such as guitars and violins. Here, we’ve fused a thin slice of flame-grain maple on top of solid, machined maple to produce housings that ensure clear, natural sound quality. The flame maple finish, provided by Japanese guitar manufacturer Fujigen, brings out the unique grain of each housing for a one-of-a-kind beauty that will deepen with age.
The headphones are equipped with exclusive 53 mm drivers with powerful magnetic circuitry, DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating, and top-mounted PCB construction for exceptional full-range audio reproduction. A specially designed angled baffle improves airflow between the front and rear of the diaphragm for better low- to mid-range audio reproduction, and also optimally positions the earcups over the ears for improved comfort and sound containment.
The headphones also feature A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) jacks for secure connection to the two included 1.2 m (3.9') detachable cables. One cable has a 3.5 mm (1/8") gold-plated stereo mini-plug for use with smartphones and standard audio devices. The other cable is equipped with a 4.4 mm (1/6"), 5-pole gold-plated balanced plug for use with high-resolution digital audio players and balanced-compatible headphone amplifiers.
The earpads and headband of the ATH-WP900 are made from smooth, synthetic leather for long-lasting comfort, and the earcups swivel-flat for easy transport in the included carrying pouch.
- Maple housings fuse thin slice of flame-grain maple on top of solid, machined maple for stiff, dense housings that look as good as they sound
- The flame maple finish, provided by Japanese guitar manufacturer Fujigen, brings out the unique grain of each housing for a beauty that will deepen with age
- Exclusive 53 mm drivers with powerful magnetic circuitry deliver exceptional full-range audio
- DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating applied to diaphragms to improve high-frequency response
- Top-mounted PCB construction helps regulate airflow to enable precise diaphragm movement
- Angled baffle improves airflow between the front and rear of the diaphragm for better low- to mid-range audio reproduction, and helps seal the earcup
- Two detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cables with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones: one with a 3.5 mm (1/8") gold-plated stereo mini-plug, the other with a 4.4 mm (1/6"), 5-pole gold-plated balanced plug
- Earpads and headband are made from smooth, synthetic leather for long-lasting comfort
- Swivel-flat design enables headphones to easily be transported in included carrying pouch
- Japanese craftsmanship: all Audio-Technica wooden headphones are hand-assembled in Tokyo
Type: Closed-back dynamic
Driver Diameter: 53 mm
Frequency Response: 5 – 50,000 Hz
Maximum Input Power: 1000 mw
Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
Impedance: 38 ohms
Weight: 243 g (8.6 oz), without cable
Cable: Detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cable (A2DC to 3.5 mm (1/8") gold-plated stereo mini-plug; detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cable (A2DC to 4.4 mm (1/6"), 5-pole gold-plated balanced plug)
Accessories Included: Carrying pouch
Trusted by industry professionals
Whether it’s on the boardroom table, the stage or in the studio, Audio-Technica products are trusted time and again by industry professionals looking for reliable, lovingly developed audio products for all budgets.
It’s Audio-Technica’s commitment to innovation, customer service and meticulous design that ensure professionals turn to us to provide solutions in conferencing, houses of worship, broadcasting, live sound, recording studios and beyond.
50 Years of Devotion to music
For over 50 years Audio-Technica has worked alongside leading figures in sports and music broadcast to develop and hone a range of products that deliver on the highest level.
Audio-Technica have developed and delivered products to power the Grammys, World Cup, Super Bowl, Commonwealth Games as well as every Summer and Winter Games from Atlanta 1996 to Sochi 2014.
A Legacy in Innovation
Founded in 1962 by Hideo Matsushita, Audio-Technica positioned itself immediately as a leader in the manufacture and design of innovative audio products.
Its expertise in innovation quickly spread to various new fields and led to the development of tone arms, microphones and headphones. Audio-Technica soon became a benchmark in those fields. Making history.
A self-made man and audiophile, Hidéo Matsushita was the former Director of the Tokyo Museum of Modern Art. It all started in his workshop, with the hand crafting of stereo cartridges. 50 years later, Audio-Technica has become a global leader in audio innovation.
A Passion for Listening
Humility, passion, creativity and expertise in sound are the core values behind Audio-Technica’s legacy, greatly inspired by its founder - whose imprint on the company’s philosophy is still felt today.
Audio-Technica’s passion for listening evolved in the 70’s, when it started designing headphones, building upon a legacy in innovation, meticulous engineering and artistic design.
Today, Audio-Technica’s audio products have become globally synonymous with consistently high sonic performance paired with impeccable build construction and artistic design.
One Year Limited Warranty
All Audio-Technica products come with a one year warranty as standard meaning you can enjoy your product safe in the knowledge that you’re covered.
All Audio-Technica products purchased from Audio-Technica Europe are guaranteed for one yearfrom the date of purchase to be free of defects in materials and workmanship. In the event of such defect, the product will be repaired or replaced without charge*.
(* T&Cs apply)